Because we spend so much time on the go these days, it can be hard to find time to sit down at a computer and check on or update your blog. However, a lot of bloggers are bringing in some kind of revenue from their blogs – whether it’s a full-time salary or just extra spending money – making it imperative that you are able to check on your blog frequently to make sure everything is up to date and running smoothly. Luckily with the evolution of smartphones staying connected 24-7 has gotten easier, and with an app for everything under the sun you can do just about anything you need to from your phone.
1. Evernote This little gem is priceless when you’re in a pinch and need to take down a great blog post idea but don’t have a computer or a pen and paper nearby. Evernote allows you to save ideas in the form of text notes, audio files, video files, or pictures so that you have multiple ways to capture ideas. Since your phone is with you almost all the time, this is the perfect way to always have a tool handy to capture ideas.
2. Analytics App While writing is what keeps your blog alive, analytics are what you keep you in the know as to whether you blog is maintaining success or not. Most bloggers spend a lot of time analyzing their analytics, and this will help keep you updated with how things are progressing throughout the day.
3. WordPress or Blogger Apps WordPress and Blogger are undoubtedly two of the most popular blogging platforms and both have download-able cell phone apps that allow you to easily access your blog’s dashboard, giving you the freedom to update it with new posts, check and respond to comments, and do all the things you are able to do from your desktop computer. This is essential for keeping your blog up and running while on the go.
4. PhotoShop Express Photos are one of the most important parts of blog posts because they give the reader a visual break from the text. However photo-editing from your phone isn’t easy to do… unless you have PhotoShop Express. This app will allow you to edit your photos from your phone so that you can still upload high quality photos without needing to sit down at a computer.
5. Pingdom Your blog won’t be making any money if it isn’t working properly, and Pingdom ensures that it is always functioning by alerting you as soon as the website goes down for any reason.
Keeping your blog current used to be something you could only do from a computer, however with smartphones and apps you can now do it all whether you’re home or not. Apps have opened up a whole new world for bloggers on the go, making it easy to keep your blog up to date regardless of where you are.