SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. This technique is used by websites as well as bloggers to improve their ranking in a search engines. If the ranking of a website or a blog is good on a search engine, then it means the site or blog will appear on top of the results of a particular search engine. And it’s a common fact that normally people visit the sites and blogs that are on top of the list of the result generated by a search engine. So technically, SEO is a process of increasing the traffic or number of visitors in a website or blog. Like all other things, this technique also has two ways to be used. One is a fair method called white hat SEO, and other illegal method called as Black SEO.
Sample White Hat Techniques:
To get a good ranking in the search engine, a website is allowed to do following methods of advertising. In such case, both the methods and the site are legal according to the rules of a search engine.
- Using keywords to describe a website intelligently, the website may completely discard the need for unethical methods. A website selling shoes can use keywords like quality shoes, durable shoes, all season shoes, leather shoes etc. that can be catch by the search engine.
- By using proper information in the Meta tags. In the content part of Meta tag, proper information about the website can be filled wisely so as to increase the ranking of website.
- Write unique and quality content which helps to build genuine backlinks for your website.
Black Hat Techniques: Unethically presence of content in a different visual or non-visual way for search engine spiders and search engine users.
There are varieties of techniques that are considered as black hat SEO technique. Few of them are:
- Spamming of Meta tag is one of the most common approaches in this we called this over-advertising. For example, a website following unethical ways to advertise can include information in the Meta tag as: we are the best in the shoe business, best shoes, better than others, best leather shoes, best rain shoes etc.
- Spamming with the use of hidden keywords is another technique. In this technique, the website uses same over-advertising and spamming keywords, use the font color as white (or anything else) and place the text in an area with the exactly same color as the font color. In this way, even though naked eyes cannot see and read those keywords, the search engine can still read them and unknowingly increase the sites rank.
- Link buy is another approach in which the webmasters try to build links with other website in order to increase the rank.
- Spamming content with keywords stuffing.
- URL cloaking
Influence of Black Hat Techniques:
For a new website or a blog, using black hat technique can bring dramatic increase in the ranking of a search engine. The website will start to come among the topmost results in a very short time but with the same speed, it will start to collapse and soon could be blocked by the search engine. When a site comes to top in a short time, real people who are the employees of the search engine start to investigate the website. If they find anything suspicious, the website is immediately blacklisted and will not appear in the search engine at all. This is because search engines are very strict with their rules and expects every site to follow the rules with honesty. Any website found guilty of violating the rules is immediately blacklisted. In case a website is found to use illegal methods but it’s not being removed from the search engine, then the rating of the website is decreased to very bad level by the search engine and can be marked as unsecured.
So, although using black hat SEO techniques can give good result in a small time, the site will be caught soon and will be ultimately banned from the engine either permanently or for a long time.
Author Bio: – Fenix Raw is associated with examskey.com. Seeking for Exams key exam assistance? Let’s move ahead to take the benefit of Exams key MCDBA Certification Preparation and pass your exam on first attempt with assurance.